Dermal Volumizing Fillers
What is it?
- minute amounts of hyaluronic acid or collagen are injected into specific areas
- no downtime
- immediate results
How does it help?
- restores hyaluronic acid or collagen levels in skin
- Lifts, fills, and smoothes wrinkles
- enhances profile
- smoothes appearance
What conditions does it treat?
- filling Facial folds and wrinkles
- restoring facial volume
- facial reshaping
- hand rejuvenation
How it works:
Before and After
See the impact of Dermal Volumizing Fillers by dragging the arrows on the image left and right.
Are there potential risks or possible side effects?
- In clinical studies, the most frequently reported adverse events (≥2%) were nasopharyngitis, headache, injection site pain, injection site reaction, upper respiratory tract infection, eyelid edema, eyelid ptosis, sinusitis, nausea, and blood present in urine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers about dermal volumizing fillers
Am I a good candidate for this treatment? / Will this treatment work for me?
Dermal volumizing fillers should not be used by people who:
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, or under 22 years of age
- Have recently used drugs that thin the blood or prevent clotting
- Have had previous bad allergies, particularly to microorganisms known as gram-positive bacteria
- Have serious allergies to drugs that have previously required in-hospital treatment
- Have bleeding disorders
- Have a known allergy to lidocaine
Can I do it during my lunch break?
Yes! Most dermal filler appointments take between 10-30 minutes.
How many sessions will I need to see results?
You will see results immediately/instantly.
How often/far apart should the treatments be?
Usually one session is all you need to achieve your desired results. Sometimes a touch-up session may be needed, and your provider will recommend when to schedule that treatment.
What does the treatment feel like?
Some people may experience the treatment as a mild discomfort. Many Restylane products contain an integrated local anaesthetic, lidocaine, to provide you with a more comfortable treatment experience.
How will I feel after my treatment?
You may experience slight discomfort following your dermal filler treatment. You and your provider can discuss if a pain reliever is needed.
How long will the results last and are they permanent?
The effects of dermal fillers can last anywhere between three months to two years. It depends on the product being used and where on the body the product is being injected.
Is there really no downtime after the treatment?
Yes! Following treatment, you can resume your normal activities.
Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
Talk to your provider to see if maintenance treatment is needed for you
Have a different question?
GET A FREE consultation.
We’d love to answer your questions in person. Schedule a free, private, no-commitment consultation with one of our experienced team members, and we’ll help you understand all the options for revealing the best version of you.