Subnovii Plasma Pen
What is it?
- FDA-approved nonsurgical plama skin resurfacing
- immediate and progressive results
- minimal downtime
How does it help?
- stimulates natural production of collagen
- triggers cellular renewal and resurfacing
What conditions does it treat?
- Softens fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and blemishes
- Improves skin tone
- tightens skin
How it works:
Before and After
See the impact of Subnovii Plasma Pen treatment by dragging the arrows on the image left and right.
Are there potential risks or possible side effects?
Common side effects include
- pain, redness or swelling in the treated area
- sagging skin (particularly in the upper eyelids)
- hyperpigmentation (spots)
- ultraviolet (UV) sensitivity
- skin peeling and crusting
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers about subnovii plasma pen:
HOW DOES THE PLASMA PEN WORK?
The plasma pen should not be confused with human growth factors or a plasma blood treatment facial. Plasma with the Subnovii treatment refers to a stream of ionized gas.
During treatment, the plasma pen converts energy into a stream of gas consisting of oxygen and nitrogen known as plasma. The plasma stream causes a micro wound in the skin. “This micro trauma” triggers a natural healing response by stimulating fibroblast activity deep within the dermis. Increased fibroblast activity stimulates cell regeneration and the production of collagen. Simultaneously, thermal energy from the plasma stream heats the skin’s connective tissue, causing it to contract (or tighten).
WHAT AREAS/CONDITIONS DOES SUBNOVII TREAT?
Subnovii treatments can be performed anywhere on the body. However the face and neck are the most popular treatment areas. Fibroblast therapy is especially effective at targeting smaller treatment areas, such as the area between the eyes, the eyelids, or the area above the lip.
Fibroblast therapy is clinically shown to improve the following:
- Peri-oral wrinkles (finelines and wrinkles around the mouth including marionette lines)
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines or laugh lines)
- Wrinkles around and between the eyes (including brow lines and crow’s feet)
- Forehead lines
- Heavy eyelids (eye bags or eye hoods on the lower and upper eyelid)
- Sagging skin around the jawline (improves jowling)
- Lose neck skin
- Decolletege (skin laxity and wrinkles above the chest)
- Scarring (including stretch marks and acne scars)
WHAT RESULTS CAN I EXPECT WITH SUBNOVII?
Plasma pen results are both immediate and progressive. Many patients notice tighter skin within the first week after their treatment. Progressive results, such as improved smoothness and added firmness are typically seen 3 months after the treatment. Improvements can last for up to three years.2 However, individual experiences may vary.
DOES THE PLASMA PEN HURT?
To ensure your comfort, treatments are performed using local anesthetic. You will not be put to sleep. The local anesthesia will numb the treatment area only. You should feel no discomfort during the treatment.
IS THERE DOWNTIME?
Your face may appear red and inflamed for a week after your treatment. However, downtime is minimal and you may return to work the day after your procedure. While the skin heals, you may experience redness, swelling, flaking, and/or scabbing. Ice packs and over the counter medication may be used to decrease post-treatment discomfort.
Have a different question?
GET A FREE consultation.
We’d love to answer your questions in person. Schedule a free, private, no-commitment consultation with one of our experienced team members, and we’ll help you understand all the options for revealing the best version of you.