PRP Hair Regeneration
What is it?
- your own platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is micro-needled into the scalp
- treatment is 20-30. minutes
- minimal downtime
How does it help?
- PRP is drawn from your blood and injected into your scalp
- protects against hair loss/thinning
- Stimulate resting/inactive hair follicles into active growth
What conditions does it treat?
- increases number of hair follicles in treatment area
- thickens hair strands
- strengthens hair roots
Before and After
See the impact of prp Hair Regeneration by dragging the arrows on the image left and right.
Are there potential risks or possible side effects?
- You may experience mild pain or tenderness in injection site
- you may experience itchiness, headache, or swelling in the days following treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers about prp hair regeneration
Am I a good candidate for this treatment? / Will this treatment work for me?
PRP is most effective on those with androgenetic alopecia and those experiencing early stages of hair loss.
How long will it take to see results?
Yyou may notice thicker hair and new hair growth in the treated area after 2-3 weeks. Measurable results take about three to six months from your initial treatment.
How often/far apart should the treatments be?
You’ll need repeated injections to see results. The exact number will depend on factors like the amount and pattern of hair loss and your age. Typically, you’ll start with one injection every four to six weeks, for three to six treatments months. Then you’ll space them out to once every three to four months, for up to two years.
How long does a treatment session last?
A single procedure typically takes between 60 and 90 minutes from start to finish.
What does the treatment feel like?
Most patients just feel pressure during treatment with little to no pain.
How will I feel after my treatment?
There is no downtime following PRP Hair Regeneration. Some patients experienced tenderness in the injection site. To experience the best results, you should refrain from the following for 24-48 hours after treatment:
- Don’t wash your hair for 24 hours after treatment
- No swimming for 48 hours after treatment
- No exercise or excessive sweating for 48 hours after treatment
- No dry shampoo, gel, sprays or any hair products for 24 hours after treatment
How long will the results last and are they permanent?
PRP hair restoration is not permanent. Results will last anywhere from 3-6 months. In order to maintain hair regrowth and fullness, you’ll need maintenance treatments every 4 to 6 months.
Is there really no downtime after the treatment?
There’s zero downtime after treatment. It’s one of the biggest benefits of PRP hair restoration. When your treatment is complete, you can go back to work or go about your day.
Have a different question?
GET A FREE consultation.
We’d love to answer your questions in person. Schedule a free, private, no-commitment consultation with one of our experienced team members, and we’ll help you understand all the options for revealing the best version of you.